The Lust List #1

Leave a Comment
Untitled #6
Window shopping has to be one of my favourite past times, I adore poring over the latest collections, getting a vibe of the various trends du jour and lusting after this season's must have fashion and beauty pieces. So I've decided to create a new series called The Lust List, which is basically going to share with you which hot items I can't take my eyes off no matter how hard I try; items that I need right now in my life and would be willing to sell my soul for to make that happen - or at least empty my bank account. This Lust List is going to focus on the latest fashion and beauty must haves from the new A/W 2013 collections - hot off the press and a few clicks away from being in my wardrobe. Not sure whether this series will be a good or bad thing for my bank accounts, having all my lust-haves in one place could be very tempting indeed!


The Cambridge Satchel Company - The Classic Satchel


The Cambridge Satchel Company - The Classic Satchel 14" in Oxblood £125 
I have wanted a satchel for so so long, it's a classic style that would last season after season and at the same time be practical to take to work and university and be able to carry all of my essentials. I love that The Cambridge Satchel Company has reinvented the satchel and brings out the latest colours each season, bringing their bags bang up to date. I have fallen in love with this classic satchel in a deep red ox-blood shade, it's a beautiful vivid colour that is perfect for A/W and would fit in with the latest vamp and grunge trends. This bag will add a edgy look to any outfit and I really want to try and save up for one! it's my birthday next week so I'm hoping I get some money to put towards this satchel.

New Look - Black Pleated Pinafore Dress

New Look - Black Pleated Pinafore Dress £19.99

Dungarees were this summer's must have staple and now the pinafore dress is at the forefront of the autumn months. A simple but chic dress, I love how versatile this pinafore could be, I already have many items in my wardrobe I can imagine wearing with it, especially my new ASOS Tartan shirt. Teamed with blouses and ankle boots, this would be a stylish and smart option for work, but equally it could be dressed down and worn with crop tops, perfect to recycle the ones we were all wearing a few months ago! At £19.99 this is unbelievable value and it's right at the top of my list to buy next, I think once I have it, I will rarely be seen out if it as it can be styled in so many ways!

Boohoo - Jenny Clip Buckle Block Heel Ankle Boot

Boohoo - Jenny Clip Buckle Block Heel Ankle Boot £30

I do already have some cut out boots from New Look, but I really do love these ones from Boohoo! I think that my ones from New Look are quite casual and are good for everyday looks, especially with a low heel, they are so easy to wear all day. I think if I were to get these ones, I would use them for going out in the evenings due to them being higher and they generally look smarter, they would add a fashionable edge to a pretty dress with its chunky heel and buckles. I think these would be a cheaper alternative than their Jeffrey Campbell equivalents anyway! And in my defense, I'm sure I'm not the only person to want shoes similar to what they already own in any case.

Warehouse - Black Faux Leather Detail Dress

Warehouse - Faux Leather Detail Dress £65
A/W is all about the tartan and leather, grunging down in dark shades and Gothic feminine prints. At the minute there seems to be leather galore with jackets, dresses, skirts and trousers everywhere. Even though I like the idea of the leather look, I was rarely seen out of my leather jacket last year, but I'm not sure whether I would be able to pull off an all leather or leather look dress! This is why I love this Warehouse dress, it has delicate leather detailing around the waist and shoudlers - a nod to the leather trend without looking over the top. I also love the origami style skirt, it reminds me of *The* Zara skort that everyone in the blogosphere owns (including me). It adds a little something to the traditional LBD , all I need now is an occasion to buy it for!

Topshop - Snake Print Tunic Dress

Topshop - Snake Print Tunic Dress £40

This autumn is all about the mock croc, snake and other animal prints, different textures and graphic patterns are key for a fiercely stylish look. I'm not really a big fan of Topshop recently, a lot of the time the stuff is a bit too try hard to be cool and just ends up looking garish - some of the designs are seriously overpriced for what they are as well. Though there are a few bits and pieces that I do love and I do still pop in to see if I can find any gems. I adore this tunic dress, I think it is perfect for autumn and would look great with my leather jacket, I love anything with animal prints, so I really want this in my life! The drop hem at the back is a cute on-trend detail as well. I think it's another versatile piece that could be taken from day to night by changing the accessories, I'm trying to find more garments like this so I'm more likely to get my money's worth if I do buy them!

L'Oreal - Color Riche Carat Collection Diamant Noir

L'Oreal - Color Riche Carat Collection Diamant Noir 
I must admit I am a total sucker for anything glittery, shimmery, sparkly and shiny, call me a magpie! I have become a fan of L'Oreal's Color Riche nail polish recently and I'm really excited about their Carat Collection - especially in Diamant Noir! Dark, vampy jewel colours are ideal for A/W nails, so adding a gritty metallic varnish on top will create a sophisticated punk look.

Topshop - Moth Tube Skirt

Topshop - Moth Tube Skirt £28
I have been wanting a graphic print midi skirt for absolutely ages but I haven't found one with a print that I've really liked - until now! Another gem I've found on the Topshop website is this midi skirt with a kaleidoscope of translucent butterflies and moths. There's something very abstract and striking about this print, which makes it look very high fashion - luxe with a hint of grunge and gloom adding a cool edge. Teamed with a chiffon top and court shoes would be a great night time look, leather accessories would also kick a punch.

Miss Selfridge - Berry Acid Wash Shirt

Miss Selfridge - Berry Acid Wash Shirt £34
Lightweight shirts are the perfect transitional piece from summer into autumn, I already have my tartan one and now I have my eye on this acid wash shirt. Its an easy way to add a hint of everyday chic to an outfit and is very low maintenance, just pair with some jeggings or leather look leggings for an understated cool look. I also love the hint of berry in the acid wash as it fits right in with the colour palette of the season. It's a perfect casual top but at the same time can look very stylish when styled up an extra notch with statement necklaces and loafers. I've been after some acid wash pieces for a while so this will be an ideal addition!

French Connection - Hedgerow Blossom Tunic Dress

French Connection - Hedgerow Blossom Tunic Dress £120
Now this dress is a little bit out of my price range to not have an event or occasion to buy it for, but that's not going to stop me lusting after it! There's something understatably sexy about a tunic dress like this, you don't have to flash the flesh to look amazing and this dress offers a very classy look for a night out. I love the ombre floral print, the amount of detail put into this dress is incredible and captivating, the rainbow of colours is a lovely touch and offers something a little bit different to what we usually see. If I have any family events or occasions to attend over the next couple of months, I may use them as an excuse to invest in this little beauty. 

French Connection - Riot Stretch Cropped Jacket

French Connection - Riot Stretch Cropped Jacket £89
Now A/W wouldn't be complete without a leather jacket, I already have one which I bought from Topshop last year for something ridiculous like £70 for the studs on the shoulders to just keep falling off, the quality is just terrible for the price you pay, plus a day didn't go by without me seeing someone else wearing it - not good! I adore this jacket from French Connection, I can just tell it will fit like a glove and will be really flattering on my figure, I also have a thing for cropped jackets, I hate full length ones as I don't think they are as flattering, so the fact this is also cropped will be ideal for me! It fits in with the collarless trend and I love the power shoulders which will add a bold statement and structure to any outfit.

Mango - Check Chiffon Dress

Mango - Check Chiffon Dress £44.99
Tartan, tartan, tartan, literally everyone is going mad over tartan this season, including me, there's something very autumnal about this print and it just keeps coming back year after year! I already have a tartan shirt which I mentioned earlier in the post, I also have a crop tartan T-shirt from Boohoo which I got last week and I have now fallen in love with this tartan dress. The print is a bit more muted and darker on this dress than the items I currently own, but I think this colourway personifies the darker months. I love how floaty the fabric is on the skirts and sleeves and there's little detailing on the front with a key hole fastening and a metallic belt. With ankle boots and an oversized black coat, I think this would be a fantastic autumn look!

Mango - Embossed Motif Boucle Sweatshirt

Mango - Embossed Motif Boucle Sweatshirt £44.99
I love A/W fashion as it means I can wear multiple layers and snuggle into jumpers and jackets. This statement jumper from Mango completely caught my eye when I first saw it. The amount of detail from the leather trim, boucle sleeves and geometric embossed print is incredible to fit all into one jumper! It's very different and striking to jumpers I have seen before and I would love to wear this with some skinny trousers and heels. This jumper will definitely turns some heads for all the right reasons and I can see jumpers like this being a major game player this season, remember I saw this first!

New Look - Kelly Brook Black Coated Leather Look Jeggings

New Look - Kelly Brook Black Coated Leather Look Jeggings £27.99
I really really want some leather look trousers (not real leather mind - look what happened to Ross out of Friends). I must admit I bought some coated trousers last year, again from New Look and I absolutely loved them - I felt like Sandy out of Grease in them, they were so stylish and made my bum look *amazing*. I decided to wear them on a night out and stumbled over in my heels on the path, causing my trousers to instantly rip across the knee and leave scuff marks all over the front, I was absolutely gutted! So I've been biding my time for autumn to come around again and I came across these bad boys from New Look's Kelly Brook range. They just look awesome dressed up with a shirt or cami top, or dressed down with an oversized jumper, so I hope if I buy these ones they are as nice as the ones I bought last year!

Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick Wine

Rimmel - Kate Moss Matte Lipstick Wine £5.49
My make up tends to be quite basic, my usual make up look is black eyeliner and some form of bright lipstick, whether it be pink, coral or red if it's bright I'll probably be wearing it! I've never really worn dark lipsticks before, I have such pale skin I'm scared I'll end up looking like bit too gothy, though I guess that's the look of the season really! Deep plum and wine shades are the make-up look of the season and I quite like the look of this Rimmel lipstick; I have a bright red Kate Moss lipstick already and it's served me well, so I know this will be a good quality lipstick. This isn't as dark as some lipsticks I've seen, so I think this will be a great tester into trying dark lip colours.

I hope you enjoyed reading my Lust List as much as I enjoyed creating it, who doesn't love a bit of window shopping? What are your favourite lust haves for the season so far? I'd love to see more key pieces for autumn!

Amie xx




SHARE: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr Pin This
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig