Fashion // ModCloth Uniquely You Style Competition

2 comments
Last week, I was contacted by Amy from ModCloth inviting me to take part in their 'Uniquely You' campaign. Every week ModCloth give a group of fashion bloggers an article of clothing or an accessory from their website and we then have to style it with up to 7 other items from ModCloth to create an outfit - simple! There is no limit on how to style the item so it will be exciting to see how everyone chooses to style the same product! ModCloth will then choose a winner who's style collage will then be featured on their Polyvore page! This week the item that we were given to style was the Grand Tour Guide Top, a chic sheer blouse with a dainty collar and adjustable sleeves. It's a very versatile blouse that can be styled in a variety of ways for different occasions, so I can see why ModCloth chose it for us to style, I can imagine there will be lots of variety between all of the entries.

My styling entry

Check it out



For my entry, I decided to style a casual yet stylish winter look that will be perfect for days out as well as being smart enough for wearing to work and going straight out for a meal or drinks afterwards! Tartan is one of the biggest trends this winter and I absolutely adore these plaid pants, as the blouse and the oversized cardigan I've paired it with are fairly simple, it really makes the bold plaid pattern stand out and become the focus of the outfit. I think these pieces really blend together and work well as an outfit. Adding a chunky pair of ankle boots and a beanie hat adds a grungy edge to the ensemble and these clash and yet compliment the classic and feminine accessories. The outfit has so many sides and really does work on so many levels that it can be worn for so many situations and still look perfectly styled for the occasion; it's a real classic styling with a current and trendy edge.

What do you think to the outfit that I've styled and the pieces I've chosen?

Amie xx

SHARE: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr Pin This
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments:

  1. Amazing stuff. I'm loving the watch and especially the tartan and so pleased it has stayed in fashion for so long!! x

    Bethanie | bethaniejane.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, this is very different from how I styled it, but I like it! Very androgynous and chic (:

    Yuen @ The Craziest Paradigm - a 'lil bit of rust & stardust

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig