And the Leibster award goes to..

Leave a Comment

Hello all! Over the weekend I was lucky enough to be nominated not once, but twice for the Leibster blog award! I was nominated by Stylish England and KAYLALISCIOUS and I'm so appreciative as it's brilliant to know that people are actually reading my blog posts and liking what I write, as a new blogger it's great to know I'm on the right track and people recognise the time and effort that I put into my blog.

The Leibster Award is a blog award to give recognition to new and upcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers. If you are nominated, you then nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers to spread the love amongst new bloggers. It can be hard starting out in the saturated blogging world so this award helps to encourage people to keep doing what they do!


The Rules


1) You have to link back to the person that nominated you.


2) You must answer the 11 Leibster questions given to you by the person who nominated you.


3) You have to nominate another 11 bloggers who have under 200 followers 


4) You have to come up with 11 other questions for your nominees.


5) You have to go to their blogs and notify them that you've nominated them 


6) Some bloggers can also include 11 random facts about themselves but its up to you!


As I was nominated twice within the space of a day, I will include both sets of questions in this post.

Stylish England's Questions

1) What inspired you to start a blog?

As a fashion student, I've been constantly told by tutors to start writing and blogging on the side. I put it off for a while as I didn't think anyone would want to read what I have to say, but I still really wanted to share my opinions on the goings on in the fashion world. I originally started a Tumblr blog last year, but I found it difficult to have long typography posts in the same format as picture posts, so I started this blog for my wordy ramblings and reviews and I haven't looked back :)

2) What is your favourite part of blogging?

My favourite part of blogging has to be getting to network and talk with other bloggers who have similar interests and styles to me. It's lovely to get to know people and encourage each other, there is such a strong sense of community amongst bloggers and I love receiving lovely comments from them about my blog, it makes me happy to know people are looking through my blog and keep coming back

3) What is your favourite brand?

My favourite brand has to be Ted Baker, me and my boyfriend are are always in there admiring the clothes and the majority of my accessories are from Ted Baker. I love the contemporary style of the clothes from the cocktail dresses and gowns to the casual wear, I've had to be pulled away from the rails many a time after I've fallen in love with an outfit, I just wish I could afford it more!

4) Which do you prefer, Online Shopping or Store Shopping?

I do prefer store shopping, I prefer to try things on before I buy and I love spending an afternoon in town and I do see it as a social occasion. Online shopping is causing the high street to deteriorate and I think eventually the high street format will be wiped out unless it offers something more interactive, which is a real shame as I can't imagine life without weekend shopping!

5) What is your favourite item in your wardrobe?

My favourite item at the minute has to be my black and gold Zara kimono jacket, it is so versatile and I can wear it with almost everything, I just love it! it's perfect to wear this time of year. 

6) Where was your favourite holiday destination so far?

I recently came back from Cancun in Mexico and it was absolutely beautifullll. The seas were turquoise and crystal clear, the sand was pure white and the hotels catered to your every need, the nightlife was incredible as well! it was a wonderful holiday with my housemates and boyfriend and I would love to go back one day.

7) Where would you like to go on holiday?

The holiday destinations on my hit list have to be Italy, Sardinia, New York, Japan and Mauritius, there are actually so many places I want to visit, I want to see as much of the world as possible and experience as many cultures as I can. 

8) What do you want to get out of blogging?

I want to gain more knowledge about the fashion world and to improve my writing skills, I am interested in fashion writing as a future career, so it will be a great experience to build up my blog and maybe get to write posts on behalf of companies that I love. I'd also like to gain friendship with other bloggers who have similar goals and lifestyles as me.

9) What do you dislike most about blogging?

I dislike designing my blog and all of the technical aspects that go with it! I find redesigning and playing with the layout such a ball ache and I can never get it the way I want it to look. I just wish I knew more about coding and SEO so I can reach people who could potentially be interested in my blog

10) Have you currently achieved anything through blogging? (Been to events, made new friends etc)

As a new blogger, I haven't attended any events yet, but I have been a runner up in a competition and won an ASOS voucher. Hopefully when I continue on with my blogging I'll be able to open some more doors, get to know more people and have the opportunity to meet up with other bloggers

11) How would you describe your personal style?

I think my style is quite smart, I very rarely dress casually - I love dressing up and experimenting with new styles and trends. I like to look feminine and dress to flatter my figure. I am a bit of a magpie and I'm instantly attracted to anything that sparkles, shimmers or has some form of detailing. I think I dress quite contemporary and aspirationally so I like brands which have a luxury twist but are still accessible such as Reiss, Ted Baker and Zara

Kaylaliscious' Questions

1. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you were older?

When I was younger I wanted to be a fashion designer, but the older I got I became more interested in the business side of the fashion industry and I am currently studying International Fashion Marketing - still creative but more analytical and business focused.

2. If you could have any pair of shoes in the world, what would they be?

It has to be a pair of red soles, I think owning a pair of Louboutin stilettos will make my life! 

3. What is your favourite shop to buy clothes at?

I love Oasis and Miss Selfridge, some beautifully detailed and feminine clothing but still young, trend led  and not overly formal.

4. What's is one place you would like to visit? 

It has to be New York, one of the ultimate fashion capitals, since I was a child I used to watch all sorts of programmes based in New York and I would love to visit all the tourist places and get a feel of this vibrant, stylish city

5. Do you have any phobias/ fears? If so, what are they?

I have a fear of spiders to the point I can't stay in a room if I know a spider is in there, I have been known to jump up and scream if I see one of the floor! they just creep me out and make me itchy, they are disgusting. I also have a fear of failing or not been good enough, as a perfectionist I hate feeling that my work or myself is not good enough and I always push myself to do the best that I can

6. What is your favourite lipstick (brand/ colour) & why?

My favourite lipstick has to be Revlon's Colorburst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie. I love this Lipstick as it keeps your lips soft and moisturised and gives a lovely colour that can be worn at any time of day

7. If you could be any celebrity, who would you be and why?

I would be Kate Middleton, I just love her and her wardrobe, she is the ultimate style icon and she just seems so down to earth. I think to live a day in her shoes would just be mind blowing.

8. What would you buy with (£/$)1 Million?

I would probably buy a few designer wardrobe staples and accessories! I would buy a car as I currently don't have one and I would love to rent a modern city apartment. I would love to travel the world with my boyfriend as well and go on an extended luxury holiday. I would also donate some money to some charities close to my heart

9. Where is your favourite holiday destination?

My favourite recent holiday destination is Paris, The city is absolutely beautiful and has a laid back bohemian feel, the streets are filled with little cafes, restaurants and shops, there is just so much to explore. it really is the city of love and is so romantic to walk around. It is a brilliant place to people watch, the fashion is so diverse.

10. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?

I would love a chinchilla, I was never allowed one when I was younger and I think they are adorable!

11. What is the best book you have ever read?  

The Hunger Games series is phenomenal and so moving, I would highly recommend them to anyone. I was literally gripped to these books and couldn't put them down!

11 random facts about me

- I live above my parent's pub, a student's dream!
- I'm currently on my placement year as a buyer's assistant
- When I was in post-16 I was going to apply to do law at Uni
- I've been within touching distance of my idol Vivienne Westwood at Paris Fashion Week completely by accident
- I fell through a patio window when I was younger
- I go through stages of watching the same film every night when I fall to sleep
- I cry at films or programmes with sad endings or where animals die
- I overheat way too easily
- I've been stuck on a broken roller coaster at a theme park before
- I hate anything like TOWIE, MIC, Geordie shore or any varient of that style of show
- I would love to work for a fashion magazine when I graduate and I currently volunteer to write for a North West magazine

My nominations

These are some of my favourite up and coming blogs, I always enjoy reading their posts when I see them pop up and I highly recommend you also take a look, they are a lovely bunch :)

Eleanor's Corner

Questions for my nominees 

1. Who is your favourite designer?
2. If you could go back to a certain time period, what would you choose and why?
3. What career goals do you have?
4. What is your favourite wardrobe staple?
5. Heels or flats?
6. Do you prefer fast fashion or saving up for an investment piece?
7. What is your favourite all time catwalk show?
8. What would you say your personal style is?
9. What are your favourite topics to blog about?
10. What are your fashion pet peeves?
11. What would you like your blog to achieve in the next 12 months?

Can't wait to read all my nominee's answers and well done on having such lovely blogs, I will look forward to reading more!

Amie xx
SHARE: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr Pin This
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig