V Festival Style

Leave a Comment
V festival 2013, V festival Weston Park, V festival line up, V festival headliner, Festival Style, festival Outfit, Beyonce V Festival, Jessie J V Festival, The Script V Festival,

Last weekend I went to V Festival for the first time! I haven't really been to a proper festival before, a few years ago I went to Parklife for the day as it was literally in the park a couple of hours from my Uni halls in Manchester, but that's the most experience of a festival I've had! I was especially excited to land tickets for this as me and my friends *finally* got to see our idol Beyonce, earlier this year we had 5 computers on the go trying to apply for tickets for her tour but didn't get anywhere, so the fact we got to see Beyonce amongst many other great acts was very exciting for us!


Now for my look, I'm very much a sleek and smart kind of girl, I do like to have my hair styled and for my outfits to have an everyday glam look, so the standard festival look is one I have not experimented with in the past very often, I do have garments with studs, rips, tie die and a general grunge look about them, but this is usually incorporated as a component into a smarter casual outfit. So I was very excited to exaggerate the grunge look for V fest and try something new for the day!

festival style, festival outfit, v festival 2013, grunge festival style,

Dress £15 - ASOS // Jacket £42 - ASOS // Wellies £25 - Boohoo // Bag Oasis // Necklace Next //  Sunglasses £4.99 - Ebay // Headband £6 - Boohoo

You may have seen the dress I'm wearing in the ASOS haul I did a few weeks back, It's a really flattering shape and skins over your curves, I absolutely adore the grungy stripe print as well. I did say in my ASOS haul that this was one of my festival options, so I'm really glad I found this jacket last week to go with it. I thought I'd be tempting fate if I went without some form of jacket, whilst this one wouldn't have done much to protect me from the rain if there was a downpour, I loved the style and it was the perfect grunge festival jacket; it's a lovely lightweight layer and i'll be able to wear it during autumn before it gets chilly.

festival style, festival outfit, festival street style, grunge style, v festival 2013

My favourite part of this outfit has to be these awesome wellies from Boohoo! I didn't want boring old ones, I wanted something a bit different from the same old Hunter wellies everyone wears to festivals. I love that these have a biker boot style with the studded buckles, these are also half the height of normal wellies so if it was a bit soggy they would have stopped me getting stuck in the mud but without my legs getting hot if the weather brighten up - you never know wit this crazy British weather and these definitely added a biker chic style to my outfit.

festival style, festival outfit, festival street style, grunge style, v festival 2013, festival wellies, biker wellie boots

For my hair, I decided to curl it and add a lot of volume. I also tried my hand at using hair chalks on the end to try and create a dip dye effect, but I'll say now I won't be using hair chalks again any time soon! The colour went on really bright but soon rubbed off onto my top, my top ended up brighter than my hair! With the hair chalks I used, You had to seal the colour in with straighteners but it took forever for the ends to straighten through and even then you couldn't put a brush or your fingers through your hair it made the ends that matted! It took a lot of brushing and I'm sure its done more harm than good to the ends, as you can see from the picture below, after all that there is only a slight colour difference! Considering the chalk was bright red, it certainly didn't end up that way, maybe if my hair was lighter the colour would be stronger, who knows? But these chalks are going in the bin, they just don't work on my hair at all.

festival style, festival outfit, festival street style, grunge style, v festival 2013, hair chalk, festival hair,

I thought as it was a festival, it would be rude not to wear a quintessential fashion blogger floral headband. To be honest I don't think I would really wear it day to day and I certainly wouldn't pay a ridiculous price for a real Crown and Glory one. Considering this headband was only £6, the flowers were a good quality and size and finished my festival outfit off nicely, I wanted black roses as I thought if I got a brightly coloured one it would just completely contradict the grunge style I was going for, so I'm pleased I found this one.

festival style, festival outfit, festival street style, grunge style, v festival 2013, floral crown, floral headband, festival hairstyle

All in all, me and my friends had a fantastic day at V festival, after all it isn't about the outfits, it's about the music! We pretty much stayed on the Main stage, but we did bump into Goldie Lookin' Chain wondering around the crowd with placards, so we had a few photos with them and went to see their set. My highlights were Jessie J - who is actually *incredible* live, I didn't realise she would be so good! And of course finally seeing Beyonce made my night, she was spellbinding and to actually see her in the flesh was amazing, I just can't believe she had so many costume changes! I wish my camera didn't run out so I could have captured them all. I will definitely be trying for tickets at her next tour!

Here are just a few of our snaps, I have intentionally left the ones out of us looking a bit *ahem* worse for wear.. But you can get the jist of our day from these :)

festival style, festival outfit, festival street style, grunge style, v festival 2013

festival style, festival outfit, festival street style, grunge style, v festival 2013, goldie lookin chain v festival 2013

festival style, festival outfit, festival street style, grunge style, v festival 2013, goldie lookin chain v festival 2013

festival style, festival outfit, festival street style, grunge style, v festival 2013

festival style, festival outfit, festival street style, grunge style, v festival 2013

festival style, festival outfit, festival street style, grunge style, v festival 2013, jessie j v festival 2013

festival style, festival outfit, festival street style, grunge style, v festival 2013, beyonce v festival 2013, festival style, festival outfit, festival street style, grunge style, v festival 2013, the script v festival 2013

festival style, festival outfit, festival street style, grunge style, v festival 2013, beyonce v festival 2013


What is your signature festival look? If you have a festival related post like mine then please leave your links!

Amie xx
SHARE: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr Pin This
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig