Review // Tanya Burr Lips And Nails Collection (+Swatches)

3 comments
tanya burr, tanya burr lips and nails, tanya burr lip gloss, tanya burr nail varnishes, review, swatches

I think it's safe to say that as soon as Tanya Burr announced that she was going to launch her own nail varnish and lip gloss collection that it was going to be one of the most hotly anticipated launches in the bloggersphere. Although I'm not a really really religious follower, I think it's great to see how successful Tanya has become and to even have the opportunity to create her own make up range must be a dream come true. Feel Unique announced that Tanya Burr's collection quickly became one of their most successful releases to date and it just proves what an impact that blogging has on the modern fashion and beauty industries and how much influence blogging gurus hold. It was no surprise really that Tanya's collection proved to be such a success with millions of loyal followers and subscribers from around the world, I couldn't imagine it being anything else but a big hit.


tanya burr, tanya burr lips and nails, tanya burr lip gloss, tanya burr nail varnishes, review, swatches

As a beauty guru, there were a lot of expectations and hype surrounding Tanya's lips and nails collection to be as good, if not better than the regular beauty brands we can find in the high street - Tanya says she was involved at every stage of developing the range so it must have been a lot of pressure to satisfy both avid followers as well as fellow beauty bloggers who could make or break the collection in a review. I didn't expect to be caught up with the launch, but on launch day I found myself placing an order and getting excited to see whether Tanya's collection really was as good as it appeared. I actually had to wait about 3 weeks for my order to arrive as there was a delay with one of the products I ordered, which wasn't a great start but nevertheless over the past few weeks I've being trying out both the nail and lip products and putting the products to the test to see whether they really do deserve the reputation they so quickly gained.

tanya burr, tanya burr lips and nails, tanya burr nail varnishes, review, swatches, mini marshmellows, peaches and cream, little duck

tanya burr, tanya burr lips and nails, tanya burr nail varnishes, review, swatches, mini marshmellows,

tanya burr, tanya burr lips and nails, tanya burr nail varnishes, review, swatches, little duck

tanya burr, tanya burr lips and nails, tanya burr nail varnishes, review, swatches, peaches and cream

On the nail side, Tanya's collection consisted of 10 nail polishes including both pastel and vampy dark shades, so there was quite a bit of variety to suit everyone's tastes and including both in the collection was perfect for transitioning from winter to spring. I decided to go for the pastel shades in the collection as I already have so many dark nail polishes and I wanted to brighten up my collection ready for spring - I decided to go for 'Mini Marshmellows', 'Little Duck' and 'Peaches and Cream'. I absolutely adore these sweet candy shades - especially Little Duck which is the perfect sky blue shade that just brightens up my any outfit and dull day. Pastels are a big trend this spring and even if you aren't keen on dressing up head to toe like a walking fondant fancy, these polishes are a great way of incorporating the trend into your every day look.

I think the colour of each of these nail varnishes translated pretty well onto my nails - they stayed true to the colour in the bottle even with one application as shown above in my swatches. I was actually quite amazed that even with one coat and the fact they are such light colours that the varnishes were so opaque and applied evenly across my nails, usually with lighter colours you need several coats or even a base coat of white to get a bolder and non streaky finish, but these varnishes seem to work pretty well without all that. When I first tried out the polishes, I applied two coats and didn't put a top coat on afterwards - you may have seen me tweeting about this but even 4-5 days later I hadn't had a single chip! I have dozens and dozens of polishes but by far the Tanya Burr polishes outshone them all with it's incredible staying power without the need for a topcoat. It was probably the first time I've actually had to remove a polish because I wanted to change the colour rather than because my nails had chipped drastically. I was seriously impressed and using the same technique on the other colours I had bought they all seemed to have the same consistency and last the same amount of time so Tanya's nail polishes really did exceed my expectations and I can't wait to expand my collection.

tanya burr, tanya burr lips and nails, tanya burr lip glosses, review, swatches, vampire kiss, smile dream sparkle

tanya burr, tanya burr lips and nails, tanya burr lip glosses, review, swatches, vampire kiss, smile dream sparkle

tanya burr, tanya burr lips and nails, tanya burr lip glosses, review, swatches, vampire kiss,

tanya burr, tanya burr lips and nails, tanya burr lip glosses, review, swatches, smile dream sparkle

Tanya's collection of lip glosses contained 12 different shades in both creamy and shimmery finishes. Again, there were a wide variety of shades including nudes, pinks and brights so there was a shade suitable for almost any occasion whether you want a subtle slick of shine or to make a colourful impact. I decided to go for 'Vampire Kiss' - a creamy vampy red and 'Smile, Dream, Sparkle' - a shimmery pale pink gloss. 

I am absolutely in love with Vampire Kiss, it's the shade that took Tanya the longest to perfect and I must say she got it spot on, it's not too bright and yet not too dark - it's the perfect hybrid shade that's not too grungy and yet not overpoweringly bright. Smile, Dream, Sparkle is more of a pretty pale pink that's ideal as a subtle lip colour for every day use. I don't know if this is the same with the other shades, but I found Vampire Kiss which is cream based is a lot more pigmented than Smile, Dream, Sparkle which is shimmer based and more translucent. Smile, Dream, Sparkle doesn't look as pigmented as it appears in the tube and is a more muted tone, so I think if you are after a bolder lip colour you should stick to the cream based glosses. The thing I like most about these lip glosses is the sweet candy scent that's uncannily similar to strawberry Chupa Chup lollies, if you aren't a fan of sweet scents you might find it a bit overpowering but I personally love it. Both lip glosses apply really well and leave a glossy, non-sticky finish - I've been wearing these to work and they've pretty much lasted all the way to my lunch break with just a tiny bit of fading in the centre of my lips - but for a lip gloss I think the fact it lasts for a good 4-5 hours (admittedly without me eating beforehand) is more than most should expect, I can't think of many lip glosses that last more than a couple of hours without help in the form of a balm/sealant. I love both of these colours and they produce a lovely glamorous finish that doesn't need touching up every hour but I think the bolder the colour you buy the longer it will last as a rule of thumb.

Overall, both the nail polishes and lip glosses are now a firm favourite of mine and I'm so glad they lived up to expectations - especially the nail polishes, the lasting power of them blew me away and definitely beat every other nail brand in my collection hands down. I know those who are not religious followers of Tanya Burr were a bit sceptical that the products were just over-hyped, but from my neutral point of view I think these are great products and I can't wait to expand my collection and try other colours that are available. The lip glosses are priced at £6.99 and nail polishes at £5.99, which are similar price brackets to those of Rimmel, Maybelline and Revlon if not slightly more, but I do think they are worth the few extra pence for the quality of the products.

If I have tempted you in to trying Tanya Burr's lips and nails collection or just encouraged you to expand your own collection, you can actually get 25% off all Tanya Burr Products on Feel Unique with the code 'TANYABURR' - You will have to hurry though, the code is valid until midnight tomorrow!

What do you think to Tanya Burr's Lips and Nails collection? What colours have you tried out?

Amie xx


SHARE: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr Pin This
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the look of vampire kiss and might have to have a cheeky trial myself! xxx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love both the lipglosses AND the nail polishes! Will definitely give them a go! (:

    Yuen @ The Craziest Paradigm - fashion, beauty + lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of that red lip gloss! Looks so pigmented for a lip gloss, never seen a red one like that - would give my red lipstick a run for its money I think

    Love that you're on Youtube, too! I just subscribed :) Also I need to try the Revlon lip butters, heard loads of good things about them and have my eye on the orange colour!

    http://lilykitten1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig