Outfit Of The Day // 7th July

Leave a Comment

Hi all! what a day! Not only was it gorgeous weather once again, Andy Murray smashed it and became the first Brit to win at Wimbledon since Fred Perry 77 years ago. So yes, my day consisted of watching the tennis down in my parent's pub as well as raiding Tesco for any BBQ related food so we could have a BBQ feast out in the sun with a few cheeky drinks! I'm so glad I'm in a 9-5 job on my placement as I get to fully enjoy the weekends, when I worked in retail I worked most weekends as well as being in Uni most of the week, so I really appreciate the free time I have now to do whatever I want for the year! I chose this outfit as it was loose fitting and casual, though after a while I did have to take the gilet off as it was just too warm; it seemed to be hotter in my house than outside!




Dress Next - Denim gilet Dorothy Perkins - Shoes £12.99 New Look - Necklace £10 Next 
 Bracelet Miss Selfridge - Bag £15 Oasis - Sunglasses Raybans

(no links for items no longer on sale)


I originally bought this dress as part of my working wardrobe for Next when I first started as a Sales Consultant. When it was out of season, I shortened it by a few inches with my expert A-level sewing skills to make it a bit more proportionate and casual. It is very loose fitting, but has drawstrings on the waistband if you would prefer to wear it more fitted, the deep red colour is also a personal favourite of mine. This sort of dress is very comfortable to wear on hot sticky days like today and is very adjustable to tailor it to how you want to wear it. 


I think this denim gilet is the perfect accompaniment to a summery outfit, you can team it with a maxi dress and sandals or you can grunge it down and add it to your festival look, it's very versatile and is a good mid wash colour meaning it matches up with most colour palettes. I think I could have done without wearing this today as the weather was so glorious, but for most of the summer and autumn it will be a good staple piece. 


I love love love these cute little bracelets from Miss Selfridge, another of my great finds out of the summer sales! Even though they are only small, so much detail has ben put into the swirly heart pattern and the gemstones on the ribbon. They're great if you want to wear some dainty, delicate jewellery that doesn't overpower the outfit or especially in bracelets, doesn't annoy you when you try to write!


I got this bag for my holiday to mexico as it has an across body strap so I could keep hold of all my valuables, but I use it all of the time! I ordered it online off Oasis, and they were so kind to find it in one of their stores and send it to me! As it had gone into sale it had sold out online so it was really good of them to make the effort to find one. I had been looking for a tassel bag for ages and I was so glad I had finally found one i liked. it has a floral cut work pattern on the bag which adds a bit more aesthetic to the design and of course tassels are one of the big summer trends on accessories, dresses and waistcoats;  I'll definitely be using it when I go to V Festival!

A few of the items I have already blogged about so if you want to find out more, please click on the links below!


Amie xx
SHARE: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr Pin This
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig